What is LAPA?
In 1991, six local government property employees met together in Palmerston North to exchange ideas and work experience. News of that meeting spread, and so began an annual get-together of local government property employees. Numbers grew; corporate sponsorship was offered for what had become known as ‘The Annual Local Government Property Conference'.
The Local Authority Property Association (Inc) was ratified and established at the 2005 Conference, appropriately in Palmerston North where it all began.
Supporting Property Professionals
As LAPA, the Local Authority Property Association, we are committed to maintaining the core principles that have continued from those early days:
- To provide a forum for co-operation and information sharing for council property staff, nationally
- To provide a national perspective on Local Authority Property issues
- To foster the exchange and dissemination of information amongst members
- To establish liaison with appropriate organisations
- To promote and support conferences, seminars and educational opportunities for members
- To provide support to members.
NewsflashStatutes Amendment Bill
With the introduction of the Statutes Amendment Bill (No. 4)
(Bill) the Government has responded to a need to modernise,
clarify and correct a suite of statutes of direct relevance
to local government. However, the Bill also includes a
number of substantive amendments which, if retained, will
have an effect on the procedures and processes of local
authorities. Click here to find out more.